General CSR Creation Guidelines
In order to make your website secure and purchase an SSL Certificate, you must first generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) for your server. After the payment system will suggest to place it at your service control panel, in SSL certificates tab.
A CSR is an encoded file that contains information that identifies your company and domain name.
To generate CSR, enter the requested information:
- Organizational Unit;
- Common Name.
- All information must be entered in Latin letters.
- «Country» is a two-digit code. For Ukraine, it's UA, for Russia - RU. For other countries, see this list of «Country codes».
- «State» and «Locality» are the full names, e.g. «Kharkovskaya Oblast», «Kharkov».
- «Organization» is your full legal company or personal name..
- «Organizational Unit» is branch of your company ordering the certificate, e.g. «SUPPORT». .
- «Common Name» is the fully-qualified domain name for which you are requesting the SSL Certificate, e.g. ukrnames.com. .
If you are generating a CSR for a wildcard certificate your common name must start with an * (for example, *.ukrnames.com).
The character (*) assumes any name that does not have a dot character in it.